Bivariate Association - Continuous Variables
In this session, student will learn statistical tests that applied to single group when the data is normally distributed, single group when the data is not normally distributed.
- Critical value: The value that a test statistic must exceed (in absolute value sense) for the null hypothesis to be rejected.
- One sample t-test: Is a test to compare mean of a sample to a known value.
- Paired t-test: Is a test to compare the difference (change) in the mean of two paired (matched) groups.
- Sign test: Is a nonparametric (distribution free) test to compare median of a sample to a known value.
- Wilcoxon signed rank test: A non-parametric test for two DEPENDENT samples with ordinal data or with numerical observations that are NOT NORMALLY distributed.
- Two-sample t test: Is a test to compare means of two small samples.
- Wilcoxon rank sum test: A nonparametric test for comparing two independent samples with ordinal data or with numerical observations that are not normally distributes.